I have a few little snippets of news to share today. Tomorrow marks the first day of my summer holiday but fear not, there will be plenty of new stuff for you to read on this blog whilst I’m gone. I’ve lined up a couple of guest posts from some very talented bloggers while I’m away and I can’t wait for you to see all the amazing nail art they’ve created!
I’m also very excited to tell you that this blog has been nominated for best established beauty blog in this year’s Cosmo Blog Awards! It’s such an honour to be nominated again and your votes are very, very much appreciated. If you’d like to vote, just click here to go to the voting page and you’ll find me in the first category!
1. I started with a base colour of Barry M White and topped it off with No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat.
2. Once my base was dry, I used scotch tape to mark off the sections where I wanted to keep the white showing.
3. One nail at a time I created the galaxy look by sponging on NYC MoMa, NYC Lavender Cupcake and NYC Raindrop (tutorial here). I topped the galaxy off with Calvin Klein Blue Wants to be a Millionaire which is a blue tinted holographic polish which works well as a holographic top coat.
4. As soon as I was done with the galaxy on each nail, I peeled off the tape and added the star details.
5. Finally, I added two coats of No7 Stay Perfect Top Coat to smooth things over and keep it shiny!